Discover our history
Since the very beginning
- It is in the village (now the city) of Saint-Pie de Bagot, that Mr. Olier Grisé will establish the foundation of his company, which today bears his name. In 1917, Mr. Olier Grisé was therefore the owner of the general store in the village and it was in the context of activities related to his business that he regularly sold the crops of local farmers there.
- In the 1920s and 1930s, the entrepreneur was able to develop his service to farms in the region. Quickly, these activities will take more and more scale and will lead to the creation of a mill. The latter will be built directly in front of the general store.
- The 1940s and 1950s arrived. Two of Mr. Grisé’s sons, Jacques and Jean-Paul, joined him. Jacques will work in St-Pie with his father and Jean-Paul will open a branch in the town of Granby. At that time, the business was booming, when in 1957, Jacques died suddenly.
- in 1959, Mr. Olier Grisé died in turn. Following these unfortunate events, Jean-Paul Grisé found himself alone at the head of a company that will have changed a lot.
Indeed, the general store was sold and the activities of the company were concentrated around the flour mill. At that time, it made balanced feed for the farmers in the area and also for the pigs that the company raised under the integration model. At the peak of its production, the company will own up to 25,000 pigs.
- In 1971, the difficult situation on the pork market forced the abandonment of all activities surrounding this breeding by the firm. The company then turned to a new market that seemed very promising, that of premixes of minerals, vitamins and food additives. Now, it is thanks to this novelty that producers are now able to make their feed on the farm, with the ingredients they grow there. During the 1970s and 1980s, this market grew so much that Olier Grisé & cie ltée abandoned the production of feeds and became the first company specializing exclusively in the manufacture and sale of premixes.
- In the 1980s, it was the turn of Mr. Jean-Paul Grisé’s children to join the company, Stéphane in 1981, Carl and Nathalie in 1984. In 1993, after a career that spanned more than 40 years old, Mr. Jean-Paul Grisé is giving way to the next generation.
- Today, after having dedicated his career to the family business, Stéphane Grisé is now the President and Director of the firm’s pork sector. His daughter, Géraldine Grisé, recently joined the Olier Grisé family in 2020, following the end of her university studies. Today, this century-old company retains an enviable place as a supplier to farmers, thanks to its ability to adapt. This great flexibility allows the company to offer its customers CUSTOMIZED products that advantageously and economically complement the inputs available on the farm.
From Quebec to Ontario
Olier Grisé is with you
We are proud to offer our products and services in almost all of Quebec and Eastern Ontario.
New! It is now possible to deliver your mineral recipes in bulk! Using custom-designed technology for our trucks, we can blow your custom recipes directly into your silos. For more information on quantities and how BULK deliveries work, contact us at the office at 1 800-363-5410.